Did you know?
- The French used the word grenade (from the word for pomegranate) for an explosive device, the explosion of which resembles the scattering of pomegranate seeds!
- There are some pomegranate shrubs/trees that are over 200 years old
- A popular pomegranate dish is “Fesenjan” which is a stew made with duck or chicken, pomegranates and walnuts.
- King Tut and other Egyptians were buried with pomegranates, which gave hope of rebirth.
- The juice of a pomegranate will stain anything!
- It is thought that pomegranates contain more antioxidants than green tea or red wine.
- A common misspelling is “pomegranite.”
- There’s a band called “Pomegranate.”